Nowadays, building your own website is the easy part – what with website builders like Zyro out there.
You’ve built your new Zyro website and now the traffic is starting to roll in.
So, what next? Conversions, naturally.
The real trick with websites is knowing how to make them convert successfully and that starts from the first moment when you’re designing your website.
Today I’m going to share my tips and tricks on how to turn that traffic into results.
Speed is your friend
Let’s talk for a second about website speed. How long are you willing to wait for a website to load these days?
Well, if it’s anything over 3 seconds then you can count yourself as a patient person because 40% of users will abandon a website that takes over 3 seconds to load and you can bet that they won’t be back.
There’s an obvious correlation here between the number of visitors that stay on your website and the number of possible conversions so your best bet is to make that website as fast as possible.
Luckily, Zyro websites are designed to be built fast and to load even faster.
Did you know that Google actually prioritizes page load speed as a ranking metric? So, the faster your website the more search engine traffic you’ll receive.
If you want to improve your page speed, you need to follow these steps:
- Pick the right template. Zyro has 100+ designer-made lightweight templates that are optimized for speed.
- Optimize your images. HD images are all well and good but huge files will slow your site down. Consider image compression and your site will be faster without sacrificing quality.
- Fix broken links. Any time Google finds a 404 error on your site, it is going to rank down your website.
- Start caching. Caching lets the browser save temporary copies of your web page files like images and videos which makes your page load much faster for return visitors – and return vistors convert way more.
Optimize for mobile
It’s no surprise that mobile responsive design is an important factor in increasing conversions but do you know just how important it is?
Well, what if I told you that:
- Over half of all website traffic comes from mobile devices.
- 57% of users won’t recommend a website with poor mobile design.
- As mobile load time increases from 1 to 10 seconds the chance of a user abandoning your site increases by 123%.
So, that’s exactly why Zyro websites are designed to be instantly amazing on every device.
We’re so committed to mobile optimization that you can even build your entire website from your phone or tablet.
But what about actually optimizing for mobile yourself? Start by following these tips:
- Choose your template wisely. All Zyro templates are mobile-ready straight away. You won’t have to do anything to be certain that your site will look perfect on the small screen.
- Streamline your navigation. With screen space at a premium you’ll want to use all the tricks you can to streamline navigation – a burger menu is a great option.
- Use large fonts. Small screens = big text. Get your ideas across in a clear, easy to understand way.
- Consider minimal design. Don’t overcrowd your page with too many elements. If it looks busy on a laptop imagine how it looks on a phone.
- Use bold CTAs. If you want to increase conversions make your calls-to-action as big, bold, and eye catching as possible.
A/B test everything
All of these tips will improve your website conversion rate, but if you’re looking for cold hard stats on conversion rate optimization you’re going to need to start A/B testing.
First and foremost though – what exactly is A/B testing?
A/B testing – also called split testing – is a method of optimizing effectiveness by directly comparing the performance of two different versions of a web page simultaneously: version A and version B.
To A/B test properly you’ll need enough traffic (around 25,000 visitors per month) to find statistically significant trends.
Once you have determined the winning variant, you should make the change to your website and then iterate.
Remember: only make one change at a time. Otherwise, you won’t know which change is impacting your conversion rate.
Here are some examples of things that you should be A/B testing on your web page:
- Button placement
If you’re not sure where to start with your A/B testing – Zyro tools like the AI Heatmap can help you predict user behavior and make informed decisions about where to place your most important elements such as CTAs.
Use high-quality images and videos
Okay, so, do you remember when HDTV became mandatory for all broadcasters?
Well, it was all the way back in 2009.
And if you expect high-quality images on your TV then you should definitely expect them on your website.
According to stats from Google – websites with fewer, higher quality images, convert at a much higher rate than websites stuffed with low-quality photos.
But if you really want to start seeing improvements in your website conversion rate then you need to start thinking about video.
Injecting your web page with a high-quality video can work wonders for your CRO efforts.
These days, everyone knows that website users prefer to watch a video than to read a large block of text.
If you have something important to say – perhaps it’s an overview of the best selling points of one of your products – consider saying it with an explanatory video.
You’ll be surprised at the improvement that you’ll see in the results and here is why:
Viewers retain 95% of information received in a video compared to jut 10% in text.
What’s more, studies have shown that using video in your website marketing efforts can improve your conversion rates by 34%.
It’s easy to add a video element to your web page with Zyro. Simply drag and drop a video block to wherever you want it on your website and watch your conversion rate grow.
Keep things simple
At Zyro, we pride ourselves on having that simplest, most affordable website builder on the market.
That’s because we want to empower everybody of every skill level to build their own website and start finding success online.
That’s one part of it. The other part is that simple websites actually convert at a much better rate than complex ones.
If you want to get started making money online the main thing you should be thinking about is this:
Put simply, when a website visitor has to think too hard about what to do next, you can be pretty certain that they are not going to convert.
Here are some tips and tricks that you can use to simplify your website:
- Put your CTA front and center. Be bold – tell your users exactly what to do next and how to do it.
- Reduce navigation options. If your navigation menu has too many options your users will get lost deep in your webstite and break away from the conversion flow.
- Streamline your text. Focus your messaging into exactly what you need to get your point across and nothing more – anything else will distract and confuse your users.
- Use a minimal color scheme. It might sound basic but a calming color scheme can make a huge impact on your conversions. Let your users breathe, don’t overwhelm them with too many bold colors.
Build websites that actually convert with Zyro
There you have it – 5 tried and true tips to improve your website conversion rate.
Everything that I’ve outlined above is already built into the Zyro website builder to keep things easy for our users.
It’s part of our commitment to being the easiest and most effective website builder on the market.
If you’re looking to grow online it’s time to build your new Zyro website.