Ready to hit the ground running with your eCommerce business?
You’ll first need to find the right product to sell.
Whether you want to monetize a particular skill or you just have a talent for selling, get familiar with what products are in demand right now.
Take a look at some of the top trending products to sell in 2020. These aren’t just passing fads, either; start with these trends and grow your online business.
Table of Contents
1. Workout equipment
Shocking news: walking from the sofa to the refrigerator doesn’t count as exercise.
The demand for home-friendly workout equipment is soaring.
Sure, we could all use bottles of laundry detergent to work those triceps. But for those who value accuracy – and a photogenic routine – nothing beats pastel dumbbells.
Capitalize on this craze. You can easily set up your workout equipment store with a Zyro website and add some core trending items:
- Resistance bands. Basic or pro, they all do the same thing.
- Kettlebells. Super-effective and trending on Instagram.
- Yoga blocks. For all of those pilates live streams.
2. Craft sets
This is one of those old-school hobbies that’s now cool again. Craft sets are trending thanks to the bored, the side-hustlers, and the eco-fashionistas.
Yarn is skyrocketing according to Google Trends, so make sure you get behind the crochet movement and your online sales will boom.
Cater to all the crafters with a vibrant product mix. Feature items like:
- Cross stitch kits. Sew in an expletive and you’ll have a bestseller.
- Yarn balls. Homemade clothing is the runaway trend of 2020.
- Needle-felting kits. It’s one of those therapeutic crafts.
3. Vegetable gardens
Continuing the theme of trends your parents would probably like, gardening products are not to be underestimated this year.
Growing veggies is becoming increasingly popular among millennials attempting to reduce their food miles. Whether planting a few patches in the backyard or filling the countertop with pots of herbs, delayed gratification is finally trending.
Get your green fingers on:
- Wooden labels. Not everyone can distinguish their mint from their basil.
- Seed packets. Peas, beans, potatoes – they’re all on-trend.
- Planters. Sell these to the houseplant crowd as well.
4. Nail kits
Not many salon treatments should be tried at home. Manicures though? Easy with the right equipment.
That’s why nail kits are trending big-time this year. Convenient products for glamorous people short on time or money, the contents are simple-enough to use.
It’s an easy way to emulate your favorite perfectly-primed influencer, too. They always have great nails.
Help create a subset of micro-influencers with your online store – include:
- LED lamps. The core product in any nail kit.
- Extension kits. For shoppers who like to type loudly.
- Tools. Files, buffers, cuticle sticks…Stock up.
5. Facial tools
If you’ve been living on planet Earth, you’ll be aware that skincare has been trending for years. Now, it’s all about the tools that help give your face that glow.
The rose quartz roller is a celebrity favorite already – people are no strangers to facial stimulation. Join this movement and gain sales on new toolkit items that are trending in 2020.
Need help finding trending products to sell? Here are a few:
- Cleansing brushes. These are toolkit essentials.
- Gua sha tools. Sculpted jade de-puffers.
- Toning devices. Definitely electric, probably vibrating. Worth it.
Remember when shapewear was top of the trends?
Turns out, loungewear is more comfortable for nights on the sofa. If you’re into fashion, this is what you’ll sell in 2020.
With home-working on the rise, Google Trends shows an 800% spike in loungewear searches this year.
Stay on-trend. The best products for your eCommerce offer include:
- Knitted clothing. Vests, pants, shorts. Cozy is trending.
- Cashmere joggers. This is a high-end product that’s selling like crazy.
- Tank tops. Loungewear is cross-seasonal. Make sure you have hot weather products, too.
7. Home office items
If you prefer homeware to clothing, help people furnish their home offices with the next round of trending products.
With the number of remote workers rising, products like orthopedic desks and posture-correcting chairs are possibly the most functional items to ever be on-trend.
Supply your shoppers with the desk accessories they could only dream of in a traditional office.
Here are some ideas of what you could be selling:
- Lap desks. Sitting in bed isn’t always against the rules.
- Lumbar pillows. Perfect for slouchers.
- Ergonomic mice. For the over-scrollers.
8. Smartphone accessories
They’re the first things we see in the morning and we keep them close all day.
It’s not surprising our phones are being accessorized: sales of wireless chargers, pop sockets, and mini ring lights are bigger than ever.
Create an eCommerce business selling smartphone accessories to tap into one of the biggest trends of 2020.
You could build a huge range. Some of the highest trending products are:
- Phone lenses. Photos never looked better.
- Bluetooth speakers. Take the party wherever you go.
- LED ring lights. An essential product for every influencer.
9. Baked goods
Feeling generous? If you have a talent for baking, the trend for comfort food is your route to online sales.
According to Google Trends, the world has been searching for dessert delivery in 2020.
Thanks to the rapid growth of delivery apps – an industry worth billions of dollars – small neighborhood businesses have a great shot at success with this trend.
If you’re a versatile baker, these are the coolest products to sell:
- Big cookies. We’re talking chunky, chewy, and melt-in-the-middle.
- Botanical flavors: Lavender is trending.
- Protein brownies. Make it healthy-ish.
10. Couch covers
Products that solve problems are guaranteed to sell. Enter the couch cover: stretchy, one-size-fits-all, and the solution to so many décor disagreements.
This product is trending with Airbnb hosts, pet owners, and shoppers who are just tired of their sofa’s style.
If you’re ready to jump on a trend while it’s hot, base your eCommerce business on couch covers and pad out your range with the best products on the market:
- Spill-proof fabrics. Be extra-practical.
- Unique prints. Make your products stand out.
- Cushion covers. Help people accessorize.