In many ways, having a website is like going up on stage in front of a crowd of people. Everyone can see you, and they’re waiting for you to do something interesting.
But in the ever-growing world of eCommerce, your stage is one among millions and you have to work hard to turn heads. How do you get any attention?
It’s definitely not impossible – in fact, getting a website is usually crucial to the success of small businesses.
There are many ways to attract visitors and gain customers. Once you know the basics, the virtual tills of your online store won’t stop ringing.
So, where do you start? What’s going to be achievable regardless of budget and expertise?
Read on – we’re about to share 4 critical steps to making your business visible online, as well as 10 of the best AI tools to help get you there quickly.
#1 Create a brand identity
Every successful business starts with a plan. Every plan includes a strategy for a brand identity. This is your company’s face and personality – the parts that make it special and unique.
Establishing a brand identity is a process in itself, but it’s a journey worth taking. With the right persona, your business will be memorable and identifiable to your future customers.
To lay the foundation for making your eCommerce store visible online, remember these key components for a standout brand:
- Your visual identity. Online shoppers can be superficial – your brand and your website should look just as good as your products. Start by nailing the perfect color palette, picking out a cool typeface, and finding your photography style.
- Your tone of voice. The way that your eCommerce brand communicates with customers is so important. Often, your target audience or your products will influence how you choose to write your copy and social media captions.
Make it easy
You probably know by now that Zyro can help you to build an online store quickly and easily. On top of that, our website builder comes with a whole toolkit of clever shortcuts.
If you get stuck on your branding journey, try these features out:
- AI slogan generator – Enter a couple of keywords, and this tool will come up with some meatier suggestions. If anything, it’ll make you smile.
- Logo maker – Flex your design muscles using simple elements, or answer 3 key questions and ask AI to make the whole logo for you.
- AI business name generator – Get some fun, unique suggestions by using a few of your chosen keywords or name ideas.
#2 Build a beautiful website
Beyond brand identity, the way that your website looks and performs is going to be influential in how your business succeeds online.
A responsive website is great for a number of reasons: it’ll help push you up the search rankings (more on that later) and it will lower your bounce rate. Even better if the site is mobile-optimized.
A beautifully-designed, responsive website is the end goal. Putting user experience at the center of your site’s layout will help your business become hard to miss. Don’t forget the following:
- Think of the customer journey. From the landing page to checkout, consider how people will navigate your online store and make it easy for them. Features like breadcrumbs, filters, and quick shop buttons will help.
- Use high-quality images and videos. Even if your aesthetic is grainy, vintage snaps, ensure your website is filled – and not overloaded – with appropriately-sized, fast-loading, and zoomable photography that visitors will love.
Make it easy
Not every image is picture-perfect, so if you want your website to look flawless, use these tools:
- AI image upscaler – Upload your low-res photos and let this feature enhance them.
- AI background remover – Ideal for making visual statements on your website pages.
- Image resizer – Do away with pixelated zoom-ins and resize with confidence.
#3 Up your SEO game
There’s a lot that you can do when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO). If budget isn’t an issue, you could even hire an agency to do the legwork for you.
Creating an eCommerce website that’s SEO friendly is totally within your reach, though. For starters, using a website builder like Zyro means you get an optimized site fresh out of the box.
But you can also pull plenty of levers to maximize your SEO gains. After you have made your website look the part, it’s time to pull customers in. Here’s how to kick off your SEO game:
- Write evergreen product copy that’s filled with long tail keywords. Spend time researching the best keywords for your brand and store, and keep all of your copy fresh and relevant. Don’t forget your brand’s tone of voice.
- Create additional, valuable content like blogs or how-to guides. Make sure that there’s tons of evidence of your business out there on the internet. You could also consider using affiliate marketing to spread the word.
Make it easy
- AI content generator – Whether you need a little help or you just don’t like writing copy, this tool can generate English text for you. Select a category or go off-piste and see what comes up.
- AI blog title generator – Ready to diversify your online store with a regular SEO-friendly blog? Choose a category and wait to reveal your new blog’s name.
#4 Focus on the customer
Building a website that only looks good for search engines is probably going to make your business very visible, but it won’t necessarily help convert visitors into paying customers.
You’ve already designed the layout of your online store to suit a flawless customer journey. People are going to be wowed as soon as they land – where does it go from there?
Next, you need to show that you can be everything these people need and more. What is it that makes your eCommerce website special? Here’s a few ideas to get you making money:
- Leverage social proof. Humans like to be influenced by other humans. If you have great reviews, or user-generated content on social media, share it. Share it everywhere.
- Analyze the user journey. Make use of analytics to find out what customers love and loathe about your online store. It will help you to learn and improve.
- Tick all of the boxes. Consider what people need from an online store, like shipping times, chatbots, and wishlists. Does your website look the part?
Make it easy
Aside from the various integrations you can add to a Zyro site, here’s what else you can use:
- AI heatmap – Discover which parts of your website pages are getting the most attention from customers. Is anybody really looking at the banner along the bottom?
- Refund policy generator – You need to show that you’re a verifiable online business so that customers feel confident shopping with you, so generate some official text here.
Consistency is key
Making your business visible online is an everyday task. That doesn’t mean you have to do all of the above on a daily basis, but it does mean you should be consistently pushing your brand.
Once you have a clear identity, a beautiful website, and some trusted strategies in place for building trust with potential customers, you should be:
- Running marketing campaigns.
- Staying active on social media platforms.
- Analyzing web traffic, transactions, and conversion rates.
- Engaging with customers – find out what they love about your business, and multiply it.