There’s never been a better time to open an online store as eCommerce sales are expected to surpass $4.9 trillion by next year.
That’s because global shopping habits are transforming rapidly. It’s easier than ever to have almost anything delivered to your door at the click of a button, no matter where you are in the world.
Want to ride the wave of online retail success?
Identifying a top trending product that is in demand is the first – and the most important – step. We’ve got a list of 22 products to sell online that are trending right now. Pick one, set up your online store, and launch into the eCommerce stratosphere.
The top trending products to sell in 2021
Here are the trends that everyone’s talking about right now. These are the ones you should pounce on if you’re ready to start making money.
From floral themes to vitamins, fake eyelashes, women’s fashion, and hair removal, the world is your oyster when it comes to selling online. Search volume for all things self-improvement has been increasing in 2021, meaning that you can capitalize on this with your growing eCommerce business.
Take these trends and run with them.
1. Craft kits
Welcome to 2021: knitting is now trending, embroidery is everywhere, and crochet is officially cool.
Craft-based products have rocketed into trending lists this past year, and Google Trends shows a steady rise in search volume for terms like ‘crochet’ and ‘yarn’ in this trending product category.
It isn’t surprising that these activities have such broad appeal. It’s easy for a pro to monetize their handcrafting hobby as a side hustle, for starters.
What to sell
Take advantage of this growing trend: create an online store and start selling craft supplies under your own brand.
Target as many people as possible by stocking up with exciting, trending products that cover a whole range of techniques.
- Yarn bundles. People appreciate the convenience. Create an entire collection of yarn bundles in many different colors – bearing in mind seasonal fashion trends. Sell these in bundles with a small saving to the customer.
- Tools. The most essential products to sell are needles, hooks, and all the technical accessories. Get your tools branded to make your business look like the real deal.
- Craft kits. Pull in those new customers with activity kits. Fill it up with everything they need for a project – you can sell kits to both novices and experts.
- Bits and bobs. It should be fun for budding crafters to shop at your store. Beads, buttons, and paints are nice additional products to sell and will pick up custom from people who don’t want to get too committed.
Marketing tip. Want to get people doing your marketing for you? Think about selling a niche product like a tote bag with each purchase or creating a gift-with-purchase scheme instead. Gifting your shoppers with a freebie is a compelling way to carry favor, and helps keep your brand visible to them – hopefully, you’ll secure some repeat sales.
2. Couch covers
Just want to hit the zeitgeist?
If you’re keen to find products to sell online instantly, couch covers – or ‘sofa slips’ – are the breakaway trend of 2021.
A simple, nearly-one-size-fits-all product, the couch cover started out as a hit for Airbnb hosts.
And it’s still trending, as viral posts have transformed the couch cover into a highly desirable product beyond the hospitality industry.
For exacerbated parents, pet owners, and the indecisive among us, sofa covers could be the answer.
You’ll find that Amazon is currently saturated with couch covers. Google Trends has shown that the demand will hit a new peak this year. So, although now is the time to sell, you should find a point of difference for your store.
Performance fabrics are hitting the news in the décor world this year. We’re not talking scratchy, plain textiles: it is now easier than ever to find stylish stain-proof material for everyday seating.
You could also go a little further for your customers, and sell them a more premium-looking range of luxe-looking options.
Find fabrics that will photograph well for your online offer, or provide a free swatch service. This will take some time and effort, but it could help guarantee sales that might have otherwise been abandoned.
What to sell
Whether you find some accessories, go into stain-proof materials, or get into designing unique patterns for your couch covers, you’ll find there are so many options for creating a stand-out product offer.
Get ready to sell the following:
- Cushion covers. A thrifty way to use up leftover fabric, and an easy way to sell an add-on product. Look into creating a dropshipping store as a space-saving solution if you want to sell the full cushion instead of just its covers, but aren’t keen on managing inventory.
- Ottoman covers. You could almost convince your customers to cover everything in the room – this trending item makes it easy to dress any living room up for a new season.
- Bed linen. Become the best resource for Airbnb hosts and sell coordinating bedding products. This is particularly useful for studio spaces.
Marketing tip. Put together quick, engaging videos for your website and social platforms, showing exactly how your product works. It helps your ideal target audience see that you are confident in what your store is selling. Make sure you understand which platforms and sites your ideal target audience uses for maximum effect.
3. Birth flowers
Move over Zodiac trend: birth flowers are the new way to express your personality in 2021.
Birth flower-themed products are trending worldwide according to Google Trends, with Etsy reporting a 69% bloom in overall search volume this year.
These products share the same symbolism as birthstones. An April baby is loyal like a daisy, for example, and those born in November are fun to be around, just like chrysanthemums apparently.
Attaching sentimentality to a product can be a great way to target shoppers.
Also, giftable items are always on-trend. Just think of all the birthdays and Hallmark holidays each person has to buy for in one calendar year.
If you already have an online store selling pick-up pieces, it could be easy to find related products to sell from the birth flower trend.
What to sell
You could pad out your store with categories like:
- Accessories for women. Keep it simple and sentimental with jewelry that will last for years, or jump on the hairband trend for a more instant hit.
- Prints and greetings cards. They’re cute, quick to make, and appealing to all ages.
- Personalized products. This trend isn’t slowing down, and it’s a great marketing tool around the holidays. Shoppers love to feel like they’re buying something unique.
- Floral deliveries. eCommerce florists are big business in 2021. Keep kindness trending, and consider starting an online store selling birth flower bouquets.
Marketing tip. If you’re feeling generous, send a selection of your products to popular online influencers that your ideal target audience follows, and get your business trending on social platforms. Bear in mind these will likely be free gifts, but it could be worth it. Influencer marketing is a pretty mainstream way to sell your trending products online in 2021. Be a part of that movement.
4. Personalized vitamins
We are living in the future.
If the thriving trend for wellness is teaching us anything, it’s that we should all be taking better care of ourselves. Never mind generic pots of vitamin C gummies: the trending products to sell this year are packs of fully personalized vitamins.
Prevention is definitely better than cure, and having a useful stock of best-selling vitamins is just another step in a long line of trending self-care products.
We should all be eating fresh veggies, adding supplements into our shakes, and keeping our skin in check. Why not invest in a product offer that takes it full circle?
This type of business calls for a sleek, well-designed website to help customers feel at ease. You will be offering a product that influences someone’s health, so make sure you look and sound like you know your stuff.
Work out how you want to organize your range to sell online and what your ideal target audience would be keen on buying. Use Google Trends to establish which specific vitamins have a high search volume to get started.
What to sell
When it comes to identifying trending products to sell in this category, your focus should be on which principles you want to uphold.
Your patrons are looking for the best products to improve or maintain their health. Focus on catering for the needs of both men and women, with overarching principles like:
- Preservative-free and sustainable. The health and beauty industry spent many years putting weird stuff in products. Remember plastic balls in exfoliators? Keep your product offer clean and appealing.
- Made by experts. Nobody wants to buy vitamins you conjured up in your basement. Although you’re looking for trending products to sell, get that professional backing before anything else.
- Friendly to dietary needs. Come, vegans, come celiacs… Don’t sell yourself short. Anyone should be able to personalize vitamins through your company.
Marketing tip. Send product info and some free samples to online magazines. This is a fun way of getting your eCommerce store off the ground. You can also gain exposure by featuring in online articles and listicles, where affiliate links could be used to route readers to your store’s website. They will arrive already armed with knowledge, so ensure you get the look of your site completely on target.
5. Gardening supplies
If you know the difference between loppers and shears, you’re in luck. Focus your new eCommerce shop on gardening supplies (one of the hottest trending products sold online right now) and get selling.
Two trends set to go wild in 2021 are huge plants and homegrown vegetables.
Products like seeds and spades are already top-selling items as people start to think more about how to help the environment. According to Google Trends, the overall search volume for ‘vegetable garden’ has soared this year alone.
What to sell
Think about how you can make your product offer relevant and exciting. Take a look at what’s trending in grocery retail and the restaurant industry.
Maybe even go to food fairs and pick up some free samples – all in the name of product testing, of course.
Great items to have available in stock include:
- Packets of seeds. Research shows the most popular options are chilies and beans. Selling an easy-to-use product such as seeds will get even the most novice gardener into your store.
- Superfoods. Tap into the healthy eating trends of 2021. Pea milk is now trending as the new oat milk, so start selling those peas.
- Accessories. Hobbies can quickly become obsessions. Your customers will want to perfect their vegetable garden with the right accessories. Boost your sales with products like seed vaults and plant labels.
- Starter kit/subscription box. Boxes packed with supplies are easy to sell to people who want to be a part of a trend but don’t know where to start. Or launch a subscription service, complete with seasonal seed packs, accessories, and grow guides.
Marketing tip. Get your gardening supplies trending on Pinterest, where users are already talking about zero-waste living, garden rooms, and microgreens. Try marketing via affiliate and Facebook ads, or design a profile and share helpful gardening tips alongside aspirational imagery. Don’t forget to take advantage of the importance of seasons in gardening. Create a dynamic email schedule so you can help your ideal target audience constantly find relevant, related product trends in your store.
6. Facial tools
Self-care is finally on; cosmetics and facial tools are some of the top trending products this year.
Thanks to a movement that has been slowly creeping up the beauty charts for years, the world is starting to realize that it doesn’t matter if we all look our best, but we should definitely all feel our best.
Women, in particular, are starting to collate serious-looking facial toolkits, as skincare reaches a new level of professionalism.
Alongside sustainable packaging and intensive hair products like tailor-made shampoos, tools for the face are the trending products to sell in 2021.
Also, step aside 10-step Korean cleansing routines. According to beauty insiders, Japanese skincare – also known as ‘J-beauty’ is the movement to get behind for the foreseeable future.
What to sell
There are plenty of less-niche trending products to sell, too, that will easily fill out your online toolkit range. Almost every product is targeted at women, and prices range from cheap pick-up to investment pieces.
Some tools to consider to sell online include:
- Gua sha. Originally referring to the actual method of skin massage, the gua sha tool has been a staple of Chinese medicine for years. Working to tone, tighten and de-puff the skin, this sculpture-like tool often comes in pretty jade or rose quartz colors that won’t look out of place on an Instagram feed.
- Vibrating facial roller. Jade rollers are a little too 2019. Upgrade your product offer to include a powered-up version that uses sonic vibrations to soften fine lines. Women love gadgets as much as anyone else – just hit up Google trends for the global search volume to prove it.
- Face brush. Deep-cleansing brushes have been a part of many women’s toolkits for years now. Hi-tech brushes have hit the trending list for 2021, however. Sell these in sweet pastel colors to ensure broad appeal to your ideal target audience.
Marketing tip. Promote your new online business through Instagram. Select a handful of influencers who you could gift with free best sellers so that the right audience gets to see your accessories store. You could also market by adding free samples onto every online order – this is something many online stores are already doing. It helps to build brand loyalty, introduce customers to related products, and practically guarantee future sales by being a thoughtful, well-marketed company.
7. Home workout equipment
Something you’re guaranteed to sell online in 2021 is the humble kettlebell; it’s one of the top trending products in the fitness arena, with Google Trends reporting a huge increase in search volume since March.
Weight training as a category has grown by 307% in the past year alone.
The appeal of wellness, coupled with how much time we are now spending at home, is having a powerful impact on the sales of exercise equipment.
There are dozens of other workout products in high demand right now, too. Retailers in this market are reporting record-breaking sales in everything from skipping ropes to weighted vests.
Branded is best when it comes to the fitness industry. Serious gym-goers prefer to stay faithful to trusted brands. So, check which popular workout brands you can work with for trending products set to sell in 2021.
What to sell
You could start to sell a full range of workout accessories or focus on the best sellers – go for:
- Yoga mats. Trends for exercise mat-based activities just keep on going. This product is a great tool to attract customers at the start of their fitness journey at an affordable price.
- Dumbbells. These are great for when a can of beans just won’t cut it. Target occasional exercisers as well as those who have been training for a long time and expect immediate sales.
- Exercise balls. Good for core strengthening and for comical value. If your ideal target audience tire of the fitness trend, this can double up as an entertaining place to sit for their Zoom calls.
Marketing tip. Influencers in the fitness industry are adapting, too, uploading workouts for followers to learn through their phones. Make sure you stay up-to-date on their routines and what they use, in order to keep your business stocked with trending products. And why not partner up with your favorite influencers? Not only will you get your products out to a wider audience, but you might also be able to start selling to people who exercise for a living. Plus, you can test out the videos in your next Facebook ads campaign, too.
8. Smartphone accessories
Looking for one of the smallest trending products 2021 has brought us?
Look no further than the smartphone lens. This mini gadget is one of several tech accessories to target aspiring influencers with this year.
But the phone lens is just one item on a list of demands.
Check out Google Trends to see that tripods are being searched for, the general search volume for phone stands is steadily rising, and the pop socket is trending upwards again.
Give shoppers a reason to choose your store as their go-to place for smartphone accessories. And don’t forget to give them a little fashion appeal, too.
Stay ahead of trending colors and style movements. Stock your offer with failsafe options that feature the most on-trend details, like pastel shades and metal trims.
What to sell
When choosing which trending products to sell online in your new accessories store, you could build a range that is highly technical, or light, and fun, or a healthy dose of both.
Consumers love a smart gadget, so adding in a trending product from the tech category – a Bluetooth speaker, for example – could extend your reach from light-hearted shoppers to those searching for quality goods.
Dominate the smartphone accessories market and mix up your product offer with some variety:
- Wireless chargers. These are easily customized and are available in several shapes to suit your brand and appeal to your ideal target audience. A lucrative way to get things to sell in 2021 is putting fun prints on things, even if it’s a wiener dog. Amazingly they are trending again, too.
- LED ring lights. A standard smartphone accessory for any serious selfie-taker, this little battery-powered product has been one of the trending products to sell for some time now. Hop on board!
- Music sleep mask. You’re going to appeal to wellness shoppers with this product. Designed as a soothing sleep gadget for a good night’s sleep, this eye mask is fitted with speakers and a connector cable, ideal for listening to music while you drift off.
- Phone cases. A forever-popular item, phone cases allow people to personalize their devices and show them off too. Patterns, gradients, pop-culture-inspired phone cases – absolutely anything goes. Just make sure the phone cases you sell online protect the phone itself.
Marketing tip. You’re going to great traction by promoting through social platforms and paid Facebook ads. Market your product by gifting it to influencers – it might be hard to give things away for free, but consider setting up a promotional campaign to give your product some direction to success.
9. Home office supplies
The world is waking up to the idea of working from home more often.
If you want to go big with the products in your eCommerce store, start selling office supplies and the sales will come rolling in. Desk chairs, laptop risers, and noise-canceling headphones are all trending products this year.
Millions of office workers have experimented with setting up their work zones from the kitchen table in 2021, and many businesses are seeing a future for remote working.
At the top of the list of trending products to sell, you’ll find desk chairs – Google Trends has reported a staggering 156% increase in search volume in the last year.
There’s also demand for more premium products in this category, such as posture-correcting furniture. Staffers aren’t prepared to put up with standard-issue seating in their own homes, so capitalize on this trend with your product offer.
What to sell
With these trending products, setting up a dropshipping online business will enable you to offer large, big-ticket products without having to set up warehousing or a logistics operation.
You could sell:
- Portable sit-stand desks. Small enough to wheel into the corner of a room, this product is great for home working. Sell it as the best option for keeping that posture strong during video meetings.
- Ergonomic chairs. There are so many directions to go in with this trending product. Kneeling chairs, anyone? Pick a bunch of colors and sell these to workers with achy backs.
- Footrests. No more having to label your footrest and hide it from an office full of friendly thieves. Target customers looking online for the best lumbar support, and sell these at high volume.
- Small items. Smaller office accessories are trending too. Google Trends shows a peak in search queries and organic traffic for laptop risers, and products such as ergonomic mice are those product trends also set to sell in 2021. See which product is missing from your favorite influencer’s office pic: a calendar in a trending font? Or a pastel-colored tablet stand?
Marketing tip. Selling your product through a platform like Amazon Marketplace is a viable way of reaching a huge potential customer base. It will also give you the option to process orders with the help of Amazon’s fulfillment centers. And if you want to target businesses that may be thinking about covering employee expenses for office supplies, try simple email marketing. Make the effort to sell your store well, with an amazing product image selection and a clear price list.
10. Nail kits
This is one of those trends that emerged because of a need for convenience but looks set to stick around for a while because it’s fun – and it’s called false nails.
Search results for nail kits have reached dizzying new heights this year. Google Trends is showing a phenomenal 566% increase in search volume in the past few months.
For women who can’t get to the salon for a monthly gel manicure, or for those bored of the natural look, the nail kit is a lifesaver.
Nail kits with lamps have swiftly become trending products to sell online, but it doesn’t stop there. Whether out of boredom or a need for self-care, nail polishes and more simple manicure sets are also wildly popular.
This is a good time to sell online.
What to sell
Should you buy in ready-made nail kits, or build your own? Here are some ideas for top trending products to sell:
- The full works. Give the people what they want. You already know that nail kits are the trending products to sell, so offer the best one on the market. Make sure it contains a lamp, polishes, and all the necessary tools. Throw in some fake eyelashes for a complete home makeover.
- LED lamp. A simple yet powerful lamp is essential for achieving a salon finish on those gel nails. Make it clear that this product can also be used for pedicures.
- Well-known brands. Every nail enthusiast has a favorite brand or two. Stock up on popular labels you can sell online to target those in the know: top brands include CND or O.P.I.
- Tutorial videos. This one is for the professionals. If you’re an artist, make it easier for enthusiasts to learn a new skill and create videos to sell online. Can’t work a tiny paintbrush? Hire someone who can.
Marketing tip. The nail kit is one trending product you’re going to need to really push in order to drive traffic to your site first. Your copy and content should be super SEO-focused – learn which keywords are the most valuable and high-intent. And featuring your nail kits on social (and more importantly, visual) platforms is one way to gain pretty immediate traction. Enable steady growth with powerful imagery, satisfying videos, and clever hashtags that will get you on people’s explore pages.
11. Baked goods
If you’re lucky enough to own a KitchenAid or you just love creating cakes, you could seriously monetize your hobby.
Worldwide search volume for cookie deliveries is at an all-time high, so it’s definitely one of the hottest trending products to sell online.
Now that it’s officially cool to stay in on a Saturday night, hungry people are either digging out their kitchen scales or reaching for their phones and scouring delivery apps. It’s likely the trend for comfort food will live on in 2021, so get baking.
And check out popular accounts like Tasty or Bon Appetit on YouTube and Instagram. As with nearly everything else, you can get a great idea of food trends from social media.
What to sell
You could either find your profitable niche with one trending item or expand your product selection to sell a whole range of delicious baked goods online.
If you want to sell more than one product, add these to your menu:
- Vegan options. One of the biggest trends of the last few years, veganism is sure to stick around. Widen your appeal and make it easy for people to find options to suit their dietary needs.
- Botanical flavors. Sure, chocolate will always be king. But flavors like lavender, basil, and hibiscus are trending for 2021.
- Healthy options. Some of the best trending products are those that taste amazing but are guilt-free. You’re going to stand out online if you can offer a high-protein or low-sugar product in your bakery.
- Subscription boxes. Monetize your product in a more permanent way and don’t just sell in 2021, but in 2025 too. A nice way to engage your subscribers is to precede each box with an email, shouting out that month’s trending product, and maybe even throwing in a recipe or two.
Marketing tip. Make sure your product photos show your business in the best light – and position those trending items at the top of your menu. Then, give your business the reputation it deserves, and sign up to sell via food delivery apps, a market estimated to be worth over $20 billion by 2025.
Launching a clothing business right now sounds risky. But loungewear bucks the trend.
For the ‘Netflix and chill’ generation, products like sweatpants, robes, and fuzzy sweaters have become staple wardrobe items. This category is high-demand. Google Trends reports a worldwide boom in search volume for loungewear in the past year alone.
As more businesses align with the notion of flexible home-working, this trending look is only set to stick around.
Although it can be tempting to bulk-buy piles of cheap loungewear from far-away factories, you should definitely consider looking for local suppliers to stock your online store.
This is a great way to set yourself apart, and it should help future-proof your business.
What to sell
It’s easy to go in any direction with loungewear products. A few trending products for 2021 include:
- Luxe loungewear. Yep, feather-trimmed robes are trending products. To make it more 2021 than 1950, this trend is being held under the maximalism umbrella. Why not sell to women who want to feel a little luxury while they power through a box set?
- Cropped tank tops and unwired bras. Loungewear trends are all about comfort. The soft lines of these trending products will appeal to women needing a little structure – but not too much.
- Knitted sweats. Sure, they don’t flatter everyone but knitted pants are undeniably comfortable. Trending items for 2021 – according to Vogue itself – include knitted leggings, flares, and shorts.
- Menswear. It’s not only women who are in the market for loungewear. Target men looking to find comfy clothes online as well, to maximize your sales.
Marketing tip. Social media is your oyster when it comes to marketing your loungewear products. From Instagram and TikTok to YouTube and Facebook ads, hoodies and sweats are getting the exposure they deserve via the world’s home videos. Ensure you have a business account on Instagram for your online store so that you can sell from the site via affiliate ads and sponsored posts.
13. Car accessories
Car owners know that you’re never quite finished kitting out your wheels. And it’s not just for the sheer hedonistic pleasure.
Some of these trending products can make a real difference to the safety and comfort of your ride.
The car accessory market has been booming and is worth over $500 billion.
And the really great news is that this product category is ‘on trend’ all year round, rather than offering in-demand products only during the holiday season, for example.
Ready to get your eCommerce engine revving?
What to sell
To get started, consider featuring any of the best trending products in your store:
- Rear-view cameras. Not only do these help you park in tight spots, but a rear-view camera can also save you money. How? You’ll never have to make an insurance claim for a smashed rear light, just because there was a pole you didn’t see.
- LED lights. There’s no denying that LED headlights are brighter and make driving in the dark a much safer endeavor. Plus, they last longer than old-school headlights – saving money is what it’s all about.
- Car covers. Useful for the gentlemen with a classic car collection and a vast garage, or for the thrifty person with street parking only. Car covers keep the cars clean and protect against the elements. And pigeons – yuck.
Marketing tip. You can find a car-loving audience pretty much anywhere you turn. Why not try to offer your trending product selection to an audience of car aficionados on Facebook? Chances are, these customers will be ready to pounce on an accessory when they see an ad for it, especially if they’ve been thinking about it already.
14. Everything to do with pets
People adore their pets and it’s not just because they’re cute.
At uncertain times, our furry companions help to reduce stress and keep us active. In many households, pets are as much members of the family as humans themselves.
And the humans sure love to spend money on their pets and pamper them endlessly.
But when they buy, they pay particular attention to what their pets’ products are made of – especially when it comes to pet food. So aim for top-shelf quality and include some new trending products in your store.
Also, check out Google trends to stay on top of overall product trends in the field, and to be the first one to identify a potential new trend to cash out on.
New products appear and are sold online all of the time, so you absolutely need to stay on top of the best-selling products at all times.
What to sell
Wondering what the best products to sell to pet owners are?
Here are some of the top products that show up on Google Trends at the moment:
- Pet food. Some products never go out of style and there’s always a steady demand for pet food. Keep an eye on the search volume of the new arrivals so you can feature the hottest pet food and snacks before anyone else.
- Pet carriers. With increasingly mobile lives, there’s a need for travel solutions for pets, too. From car cages for bigger dogs to travel terrariums for pet turtles, there are a lot of related products you can sell in 2021.
- Pet bathing products. These trending products make it more fun for everyone to keep their pets clean. Consider adding shampoos, conditioners, brushes, and towels in your trending product range.
Marketing tip. Pets are made for Instagram. Cats, dogs, pigs – you name it – have already found their way onto your Instagram feed and the influencer game is strong in this niche. Paying for collaboration could quickly make your online store top-of-mind for pet owners if you get your strategy right.
The kitchen is the heart of every house and things to deck it out make for some of the trendiest products online.
Tap into the market of foodies and those too lazy to cook alike.
Most people will look for shortcuts in the kitchen, so start by thinking of ways to solve the dullest kitchen chores. And then check if you can outdo your competitors too by having a product to sell that’s simply too hard to resist.
With any luck, you can tweak and perfect their top trending product or products, then sell them in your own store.
What to sell
Don’t forget that kitchens come in all shapes, designs, and sizes, as well as cooks, come in all levels of skill. The product opportunities are, literally, endless.
You can always take a quick look at Google Trends to see which niches are heating up.
We recommend to sell trending products like:
- Tea accessories. More and more people are ditching coffee for more hip options. Matcha tea anyone? Matcha tea whisk known as chasen is an irreplaceable tool when preparing this hot brew at home, but matcha tea powder, cups, and tea towels are also good products to sell. And don’t forget about the Latin American drink of mate, which comes with a set of its own accessories too – we told you the popular product options are endless.
- Reusable bags. In an increasingly climate-conscious world, reusable bags have become a popular product category in eCommerce stores. Focus on a sustainable supply chain and nice designs, and you’ll quickly dominate the niche.
- Zero-waste courses. Many people want to learn how to cut down the amount of waste they produce. Create an online course and sell it as a digital product, and do your bit towards helping the planet.
Marketing tip. Taking nice pictures of your products is paramount in selling kitchenware. Not only will you be able to use the pictures to best sell your products on your online store, but on social media too. You could capitalize on email marketing too, by sending out newsletters about kitchen trends to interior designers, decorators, and new homeowners.
16. Over-the-counter health and beauty solutions
We live longer than ever before and want to keep it that way. Plus, we want to look good while living out our long lives too.
Health and beauty products that help us feel better about ourselves are in constant demand, especially ones that help alleviate some minor health issues.
You’ll just have to ensure that the product to sell online comes from reputable suppliers – so that your own products actually deliver on the health benefits your Google Shopping ads promise. They must follow all of their national rules and regulations, as well as those that face your target audience.
For example, if the trending product you sell comes from China but you want to sell it to eco-conscious customers in America, you will need to make sure it contains no toxic or forbidden ingredients.
What to sell
Wondering which product to sell in your beauty niche? Build a trustworthy brand with these best trending products:
- Anti-snoring solutions. Do some research on the best remedies to snoring, and you could save marriages everywhere. There are many items on the market, from snoring strips to mouth guards, so plenty of products to try and sell in 2021.
- Teeth whitening kits. A top product for a beauty eCommerce brand, teeth whitening kits are easy to use at home. Old methods die off while new trends catch on, so make sure you watch Google Trends carefully.
- Eyebrow razor. This Asian craze has, at last, arrived in the Western world. Eyebrow razors help remove hair from the face and neck without the need to see a beautician. And it hurts a lot less than tweezing or waxing too – it’s almost the perfect product to sell.
Marketing tip. These health concerns are usually an embarrassment to the sufferers. So, don’t go sending them ‘We heard you snore’ messages to their email addresses or target them with similarly tactless Facebook ads. Subtle is the way to go and we’d recommend harnessing organic traffic for online businesses operating in trending niches like this one. You will need to employ content marketing strategies to get your online store and trending product or products to the top of search engine results (and Google Shopping ads). Make them come to you.
17. Toys (but not for kids)
Did you know that toys are not just for kids anymore?
While most children won’t say no to a shiny new toy, many adults still like to engage in play as a hobby.
For example, collectible toys for pop culture classics and cult names can quickly help you rise to the top of a very niche market.
But it’s not just collectibles.
Think about the various trending niches that are currently underserved, like toys for adults with disabilities or toys for people with special interests.
There’s more to the toy industry than fidget spinners – does anyone remember those?
What to sell
Got a product to sell already? Great.
If not, it might be worth to look at selling a trending product like:
- Stuffed toys. Whether it’s for toddlers or grown-ups, it’s hard to go wrong with stuffed animals. Plus, they’re collectible too. Depending on your ideal target audience, you could feature Japanese cartoon toys in your online shop. Angry Shibas started with just a handful of cute pillows, and have grown tremendously ever since.
- Toys for adults with special needs. Unique physical or mental needs are rarely considered in the toy industry. The Google Trends for this product should set you right. Think about stress relief, learning motor skills, improving communication, and perfecting life skills.
- Specialized toys. Architectural toys, anyone? People who have hobbies that resemble obsessions will spend lots of money on purchasing more products and they will do so regularly.
Marketing tip. Toys offer endless marketing opportunities, especially when you sell collectible items or toys geared towards adults. You could reach out to fan groups via email campaigns or by paying for your content to be hosted on niche websites. Also, you can easily target them via paid ads on Google and social media channels too.
18. Hair accessories
Hair accessories are an easy and quick way to start making eCommerce sales.
Stay on top of the trends by tracking search volumes and following popular social media accounts.
One of the best ways to get started is to research your competitors and dig out the bad reviews.
While you can’t come up with that many new colors for hairpins, you can learn from your competitors’ mistakes.
Hair accessories are a great product to sell because they’re always in demand, and there are plenty of good niches left.
What to sell
Have your pick from these best selling products:
- Wigs. Wigs are not just for dress-up anymore. While different styles of neon wigs will always work as part of an 80s disco Halloween costume, wigs made from natural hair are skyrocketing on Google Trends as a premium product in women’s fashion.
- Ionic hair brushes. These brushes help tame frizzy manes and have really grown in popularity on Instagram. That’s why a solid influencer or video content marketing strategy works so well with trends that start on social media.
- Scarves. A scarf is a fashion statement as much as it is a piece of clothing to keep your neck warm. Scarves branded as hair accessories have seen a spike in the search volume and make for a great cross-cultural product to feature in any fashion store.
Marketing tip. These are fashion industry items we’re talking about, and there is no better place to advertise your goods than social media networks. As we already mentioned, market them towards a younger audience of potential buyers with social media influencers and you’re looking at lots of sales. Running a Facebook ad campaign has created many success stories in this field over the past few years.
19. Men’s grooming products
Modern men are waking up to and embracing the self-care trends.
Online stores have noticed that men don’t just spend on grooming because they have a special occasion coming up.
In fact, the industry is expecting to witness market growth in the billions every year, with the market estimated to be worth over $70 billion.
With the right marketing approach, you could be sitting on one of the best trending in-demand product ideas of the year.
What to sell
Have you already got trending beauty products for men to sell online?
If not, get inspired by these trending products, feature them in your shop, and get in the fast lane to success:
- Beard straighteners. Believe it or not, but beard straighteners have skyrocketed in popularity recently. With more men than ever before growing a mustache or a beard, the need for various styling options is now a thing.
- Skincare for men. Guys have begun to understand the beauty of a cleansing routine, which means that there’s a newfound demand for skincare products particularly made for the skin of men.
- Men’s beauty kits. Target a particular beauty problem that men encounter, for example, acne or a dry scalp. Put together kits of products that work well together and make your clients come back for more by throwing in some product samples too.
Marketing tip. Developing a strong SEO marketing strategy could provide your online store with a steady flow of monthly visitors, as men’s grooming isn’t a trend that’s likely to die off any time soon. As always, use influencers, Google ads, and create video content to get your trending product in front of your target audience.
Be the answer to body insecurities everywhere.
Shapewear has seen a steady increase in popularity ever since the Kardashians took over the internet. So, you could help women all over the globe to achieve their perfect body goals with high-quality shapewear.
Pay attention to detail: lace and satin finishes add nice feminine touches to the finished product.
Double-check the sizing if you’re using overseas manufacturers. Depending on your target market, your average buyer’s body types might differ.
What to sell
Getting started with shapewear is easy with products like:
- Bodysuits. They are designed to support you in all the right places. Paying attention to sizing and attractive product photography will help you differentiate your online store.
- High-waist shapewear. Belly fat is one of the most common concerns for people of all ages. However, you don’t want to end up with a product that reminds your buyers of granny pants.
- Underwear. With the rise of social media, everyone is striving for the perfect holiday snaps. Rather than spending hours on Photoshop, shaping underwear helps to conceal any problem areas while making any outfit look fabulous.
Marketing tip. Again, social media is your friend if you want to advertise the perfect look that your shapewear product can help people achieve. Both Instagram and Facebook harbor audiences in need of this trending product, so you can target them carefully with paid ads or simply grow a following organically by posting valuable content, such as tutorial videos and guides.
The good old timepieces are making a comeback.
How many times do you pick up your phone to check the time, only to get distracted by a notification? In the midst of digital detoxes, watches are returning, too.
While the market enjoys particular popularity in Asia, both budget-friendly and luxury options have withstood the test of time in the Western world too.
Since there aren’t too many variables to the general watch design, consider offering complementary services like repairs as part of your overall service.
If you’re on a budget, you can get started as a dropshipper and build your watch empire from there.
What to sell
Find your unique market position by specializing in products like:
- Men’s watches. These are one of the few accessories that men truly tend to appreciate. Include stylish designs and tailor your eCommerce store and branding towards your target market.
- Smartwatches. You can resell or private label a smartwatch that could fix all that’s wrong with the big brands. With a bit of research, you can offer a more budget-friendly version of an Apple Watch that ticks all the boxes, but for half the price. Challenge accepted.
- Kids’ tracking watches. Learning to tell the time is more fun with your own timepiece. For the children’s market, you want to develop an easy-going and approachable brand and have a selection of different designs available. A GPS tracker will be a unique selling point that’ll appeal to parents.
Marketing tip. If you are targeting a specific niche, say physically active urbanites, target them with Google ads at a time when they’re ready to buy. You know, businessmen appreciate different qualities in a watch compared to builders, so make sure your product specs dictate your marketing strategy.
A good pair of shoes is considered an investment. It’s also a trending product.
Launching an eCommerce store for a particular shoe niche could well be one of the best things you do.
Since everyone needs a pair of shoes every now and again, the market has a constant steady demand. This is fantastic for anyone wanting to try out different product ideas and reinvent themselves from time to time.
We recommend steering away from mass-production and taking a more artisan or handmade approach to your branding will set you apart from the rest.
What to sell
Go far with these trending product ideas:
- Mesh shoes. Originally a fitness trend, mesh shoes are breathable and comfortable for everyday use too. With simplistic designs, they can easily pull off a casual yet professional look.
- Men’s shoes. With shoemakers disappearing from high streets, offering artisan leather shoes for men is in everyone’s favor. Just be sure that you understand your target market and offer them products that they are interested in. It’d be perfect to cater to the men who hate shoe shopping – their partners will love you for it.
- Fitness shoes. Start small and specialize in a particular sport or type of fitness. Make your brand the go-to brand when it comes to that sport and become top-of-mind for everyone playing it.
Marketing tip. Shoes are a rather saturated market, but you can stand out by running a solid content marketing strategy. Position yourself as the expert, inject personality into your content (e.g. tell them about your own marathon journey), and grow those Google rankings.