Websites are crucial to building your brand and establishing trust as well as credibility with your customers. To make a great site, you’ll need to get help from web design software.
It only takes 50 milliseconds for customers to decide whether they want to give your website a chance to impress them.
In fulfilling the market’s demand, there has been a growing market for web design software and tools in recent years, assisting businesses and individuals in designing beautiful websites.
Here are our top picks of web design software that is sure to help you make a lasting impression on your customers.
Table of Contents
Zyro website builder makes it possible to publish a well-functioning, beautiful website in minutes.
All the web templates are fully responsive and mobile-friendly. The drag and drop interface eliminates the need for coding.
We also offer access to a gallery of over one million of free stock images, courtesy of Unsplash. So, you have all the means necessary to capture your audience’s attention.
Zyro provides various intuitive AI-powered design tools to further ease your website building process – all free to use:
- Logo Maker – create a professional logo for free with the help of thousands of high-quality templates and a branding kit.
- Slogan Generator – make meaningful slogans in seconds based on your choice of keywords.
- AI Writer – produce SEO-optimized quality copy with just a couple of clicks.
- AI Heatmap – predict user behavior for optimum conversions.
You can start building your Zyro website for free. The free plan includes a subdomain and web hosting, allowing you to immediately publish the site after customizing it.
To get additional bandwidth, storage space, Google Analytics, and Facebook pixel integrations, consider upgrading to our Basic plan for $1.99/month.
For unlimited bandwidth and storage space next to other premium features, you can opt for the Unleashed plan costing $3.49/month.
- Beginner-friendly – easy and intuitive for anyone to use thanks to Zyro’s built-in AI tools.
- Increase conversions – Zyro sites are SEO-optimized, thus increasing your chance of ranking higher in SERPs.
- Value for money – get a domain, fast web hosting, an SSL certificate, access to tons of premium features, and 24/7 customer support at an affordable price.
The Adobe Creative Cloud suite houses over 20 apps for design purposes. The two of their software that can fulfill your website design needs are Adobe XD and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Adobe XD – short for Experience Design, allows you to design and prototype your website template from scratch.
You can build a website template by using a pre-built template or starting with a blank artboard and add images, text, video, and animations as you go.
Not only does this website design software generate both desktop and mobile web templates, but it also supports real-time co-editing for faster workflow and easier collaboration.
Once your design and code are ready, you need only to connect it to your web hosting and domain name to publish the website.
As Adobe Dreamweaver requires a deeper understanding of programming, beginners may find Adobe XD easier to use.
While both apps are available as a free trial, they limit their service to one project and one collaborator only.
To get all their functionalities and add more collaborators, you can purchase Adobe XD and Adobe Dreamweaver’s Individual plan for $9.99/month and $20.99/month respectively.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud service for $52.99/month and get full access to all Adobe software — including Adobe XD and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Plugins and integration – all Adobe software supports extensions integration provided in their exchange portal to expand the software’s functionalities.
- Cross-platform – you can switch between other Adobe software like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Animate to improve your web designing process.
- Support community – due to its long operation within the design industry, Adobe has nurtured a long-standing community of designers who can support you when needed.
Sketch is one of the best web design and prototyping tools for macOS users — professionals and beginners alike.
The software is excellent for conceptualizing your web design ideas and presenting it most easily and appealingly.
The drag-and-drop vector editor boasts an intuitive interface and makes it easier to manipulate website elements, eliminating the need for coding.
To expand its functionalities, you can install additional plugins provided in the software’s extensions library.
Sketch is available to download for a one-off individual payment of $99 per license, or $9 per contributor within a team. Be mindful that Sketch is only available for macOS users.
- Beginner-friendly – Sketch designs its interface to be easy to use by all users without discounting its functionalities.
- Extensions – the platform has a vast collection of plugins and integrations to help you get the most out of the web design software.
- Collaboration – the Mac app integration allows you to save your work to Cloud and share it with other users to get feedback via comments.
Figma is another one of the best web design software for team collaboration for various good reasons.
This cloud-based web designer, for one, is compatible with various operating systems, including Linux and Chromebooks.
As long as you have an internet connection, you can work anytime, anywhere.
Figma also provides great visibility to each contributor within a team. You can easily manage each other’s’ work and give direct inputs to the files of others without changing the platform.
Design-wise, Figma’s functionalities are no less extensive than Sketch. If needed, you can create a new design using a Sketch file as its base.
Equipped with a versatile pen tool, a massive library of assets, and various plugins, designing a website has never been so easy.
Figma’s free plan can accommodate up to three projects and two editors. For premium collaboration features, you can upgrade to a Professional plan for $12/month/editor.
All plans come with unlimited cloud storage, third-party integrations, and advanced designing tools.
- User interface – Figma has a streamlined interface, making it intuitive and easy to use for users with varying degrees of skill.
- Version history – you can see all the revisions made by each collaborator within a team. With the free plan, you get up to 30-days of your version history.
- Developer handoff – Figma’s Auto Layout feature translates all the customization settings into code, thus expediting the developer handoff process.
InVision Studio is a multi-purpose web design software ideal for web page designing, prototyping, and animating.
Its responsive layout makes it easy to build a website that caters to both desktop and mobile devices.
Having various collaboration abilities like global syncing and real-time updates embedded in the system, InVision Studio is ideal for global team collaboration.
For your designing needs, it provides vector-based drawing tools and facilitates Sketch file type importation. Its animation tools are robust yet intuitive enough for beginners.
You can start using InVision Studio for free to create one prototype.
The premium plans, costing between $15-$99 per month, can accommodate up to unlimited prototypes and five collaborators.
All InVision Studio plans include SSL encryption and daily backups.
- Reusable libraries – the Studio library lets you access and save different components there, saving you time as you can easily share them with other collaborators.
- Animation tools – InVision Studio is known for its robust animation tools, allowing you to spice up your web design without having to move to a different platform.
- Integrations – its collection of plugins and extensions lets you expand the software’s functionalities to the fullest.
UXPin is a web design software that concentrates on user experience and team collaboration.
You can easily import existing web design mockups from Sketch and other services, or start with a blank canvas.
It lets you wireframe, design, prototype, and collaborate with other users in one desktop or web application.
With its drag and drop interface, you can wireframe your site to see all the web pages and how all the layers relate to each other.
The Basic plan, which includes the standard design editor and prototyping tools for accommodating unlimited prototypes, costs $19/editor/month.
For advanced web development using the likeness of conditional logic, expressions, and variables, consider upgrading to the Advanced plan for $29/editor/month.
- All-in-one tool – UXPin seeks to replace other major players in the web design market by serving as a designing, prototyping, and collaborative tool for both beginner and professional web page designers.
- Interactions – create beautiful mini-interactions and transitions between pages that will make your design more lively with interactive states, logic, and code components.
- Streamlined workflow – the built-in library gives you access to hundreds of icons and code components, thus saving you time from having to write the code repeatedly.
7. Marvel App
Marvel is best for designing simple yet appealing interfaces and wireframes. You can easily make designs without needing to code.
Equipped with video and chat features, Marvel’s user testing ability allows you to get real-time feedback on your work and simulate how a user would navigate the web design.
You can even download your design and present it offline. The software guarantees prototype compatibility for all screen sizes, including Apple TV and Apple Watch.
You can build up to one project using Marvel’s free plan. For more collaborators and premium features like the download ability and prioritized support, consider opting for the paid plans.
Marvel’s premium plans range between $12-$84/month. For charity and non-profit purposes, you can get in touch with its team to retrieve a 50% discount on any annual plan.
- Marvel API – you can create your own plugin with Marvel’s application program interface to accelerate your workflow.
- Handoff tool – keep your designs in sync with the Sketch plugin for more functionality and a faster designing process.
- User testing – record screen taps and transcribe the response of your users directly to your web design for better documentation.
Choosing the best web design software
As there are various options for great web design software to choose from, picking the right one might be a challenging task.
When doing so, it’s vital to consider your website’s functionality, purpose, and the extent of your financial resources.
Some software caters to professional web designers, while others are more suitable for beginners. Price differences also play a significant part in the decision making.
Regardless of your choice, make sure that the chosen software can accommodate your web design needs.
Here’s a reminder of what having a well-built web design can do for your site’s growth:
- Create a positive first impression – having an appealing web design helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the site’s chance of getting ranked in SERPs.
- Maintain brand credibility – 48% of users consider web design a factor in measuring a brand’s credibility.
- Increase conversion rate – an intuitive web design makes it easier for users to interact with the site, thus resulting in more conversions.
A website is an absolute necessity for businesses and individuals wanting to establish an online presence.
To get the most out of it, a website must not only cater to the brand’s functional needs but also look appealing. For that, you need to use the right web design software to build it.
Here’s a recap of some of the best website design software you can find on the market:
- Zyro – an easy and affordable solution for your website development needs.
- Adobe Creative Cloud – bundled software catered to professional web designers.
- Sketch – a macOS-based software compatible with other web design apps.
- Figma – a cross-browser web designer with extensive collaboration abilities.
- InVision Studio – a multi-purpose web design software with easy to use animation tools.
- UXPin – another web designer that focuses on user experience and team collaboration.
- Marvel – centers around creating functional designs and prototypes for quick and easy website idea testing.
We hope this article helps you choose the best web design software for your website. Good luck.