If you’re building a brand, your website is a crucial part of the story.
That’s because a great website will allow you to establish trust and credibility with your customers. And to make your site impressive, you’ll need to get help from web design software.
It only takes 50 milliseconds for customers to decide whether they want to give your website a chance to wow them.
In fulfilling the market’s demand, there has been a growing market for web design software and tools in recent years, assisting businesses and individuals in designing beautiful websites.
Here are our top picks of web design software that’s sure to help you to make a lasting impression on your customers.
1. Zyro Website Builder
Zyro website builder makes it possible to publish a well-functioning, beautiful website in minutes.
All the web templates are fully responsive and mobile-friendly. The drag and drop interface eliminates the need for coding, making it easy to get started.
You also have access to a gallery of over one million free stock images, courtesy of Unsplash. So, you have all the means necessary to capture your audience’s attention.
Zyro provides various intuitive AI-powered web design tools to further ease your website building process, for example:
- Logo Maker. Create a professional logo for free with the help of thousands of high-quality templates and a branding kit.
- Slogan Generator. Make meaningful slogans in seconds based on your choice of keywords.
- AI Writer. Produce SEO-optimized quality copy with just a couple of clicks.
- AI Heatmap. Predict user behavior for optimum conversions.
You can start building your Zyro website for $2.90 per month. All plans come with unlimited bandwidth and storage, custom domain connection, SSL certificate, and free business email trial.
To get a free website domain for 1 year, Google Analytics, and Facebook pixel integrations, consider upgrading to the business and eCommerce plans for a few extra dollars a month.
All Zyro plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and free hosting. Keep an eye out for our limited-time promotions, too – Zyro can be pretty generous with its discounts.
- Beginner-friendly. Easy and intuitive for anyone to use thanks to Zyro’s built-in AI content and design tools.
- Increase conversions. Zyro sites are SEO-optimized, increasing your chances of ranking higher in SERPs.
- Value for money. Get a domain, fast web hosting, an SSL certificate, access to tons of premium features, and 24/7 customer support at an affordable price.
2. Adobe Creative Cloud (XD and Dreamweaver)
The Adobe Creative Cloud suite houses over 20 apps for design purposes. Two parts of their software that can fulfill your website design needs are Adobe XD and Adobe Dreamweaver.
Adobe XD – short for Experience Design, allows you to design and prototype your website template from scratch.
You can build a website by using a pre-built template or starting with a blank artboard. Add images, text, video, and animations as you go.
Not only does this website design software generate both desktop and mobile web templates, but it also supports real-time co-editing for faster workflow and easier collaboration.
Adobe Dreamweaver, on the other hand, is a 3-in-1 WYSIWYG web-editor where you can design, prototype, and publish your website.
Once your design and code are ready, you need only to connect it to your web hosting and domain name to publish the website.
As Adobe Dreamweaver requires a deeper understanding of programming, beginners may find XD easier to use.
While both Adobe XD and Adobe Dreamweaver can be trialed for free, the trial versions are limited to one project and one collaborator only.
To get all the functionalities and add more collaborators, you can purchase either app’s Individual plan for $9.99 per month (XD) and $20.99 per month (Dreamweaver) respectively.
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the Adobe Creative Cloud service for $52.99 per month and get full access to all Adobe software — including Adobe XD and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Plugins and integration. All of Adobe’s software supports extension integration, provided in their exchange portal to expand the software’s functionalities.
- Cross-platform. You can switch between XD or Dreamweaver and other Adobe software, like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Animate.
- Support community. Due to its established existence within the design industry, Adobe has nurtured a long-standing community of designers who can support you when needed.
Sketch is one of the best web design and prototyping tools for macOS users — both professionals and beginners alike.
The software is excellent for conceptualizing your web design ideas and presenting them easily and appealingly.
The drag-and-drop vector editor boasts an intuitive interface and makes it easier to manipulate website elements, eliminating the need for coding.
To expand its functionalities, you can install additional plugins provided in the software’s extensions library.
Sketch is available to download for a one-off individual payment of $99 per license, or $9 per contributor within a team. Just be mindful that Sketch is only available for macOS users.
- Beginner-friendly. Sketch designs its interface to be easy to use by anyone, without discounting its functionalities.
- Extensions. The platform has a vast collection of plugins and integrations to help you get the most out of the software.
- Collaboration. The Mac app integration allows you to save your work to Cloud and share it with other users to get feedback via comments.
Figma is another one of the best web design software options for team collaboration, for many good reasons.
This cloud-based web designer is, for one, compatible with various operating systems, including Linux and Chromebooks.
As long as you have an internet connection, you can work anytime, anywhere.
Design-wise, Figma’s functionalities are no less extensive than Sketch. If needed, you can create a new design using a Sketch file as its base.
Equipped with a versatile pen tool, a massive library of assets, and various plugins, designing a website has never been so easy.
Figma’s free plan can accommodate up to three projects and two editors. For premium collaboration features, you can upgrade to a Professional plan for $12 per month per editor.
All plans come with unlimited cloud storage, third-party integrations, and advanced designing tools.
- User interface. Figma has a streamlined interface, making it intuitive and easy to use for users with varying degrees of site-building and coding experience.
- Version history. You can see all the revisions made by each collaborator within a team. With the free plan, you get up to 30-days of your version history.
- Developer handoff. Figma’s Auto Layout feature translates all the customization settings into code, thus expediting the developer handoff process.
5. InVision Studio
InVision Studio is a multi-purpose web design software app ideal for web page designing, prototyping, and animating.
Its responsive layout makes it easy to build a website that caters to both desktop and mobile devices.
Having various collaboration abilities like global syncing and real-time updates embedded in the system, InVision Studio is ideal for international team collaboration.
For your designing needs, it provides vector-based drawing tools and supports Sketch file type importation. Its animation tools are robust yet intuitive enough for beginners.
You can start using InVision Studio for free to create one prototype.
The premium plans, costing between $15-$99 per month, can accommodate up to unlimited prototypes and five collaborators.
All InVision Studio plans include SSL encryption and daily backups.
- Reusable libraries. The Studio library lets you access and save different components there, saving you time as you can easily share them with other collaborators.
- Animation tools. InVision Studio is known for its robust animation tools, allowing you to spice up your web designs without having to move to a different platform.
- Integrations. Its collection of plugins and extensions lets you expand the software’s functionalities to the fullest.
UXPin is software that concentrates on user experience and team collaboration.
You can easily import existing web design mockups from Sketch and other services, or start with a blank canvas.
UXPin lets you wireframe, design, prototype, and collaborate with other users in one desktop or web application.
With its drag and drop editor interface, you can wireframe your site to see all the web pages and how all the layers relate to each other.
The Basic plan, which includes the standard design editor and prototyping tools for accommodating unlimited prototypes, costs $19 per editor per month.
For advanced web development using the likeness of conditional logic, expressions, and variables, consider upgrading to the Advanced plan for $29 per editor per month.
- All-in-one tool. UXPin seeks to replace other major players in the web design tools market by serving as a designing, prototyping, and collaborative tool for both beginner and professional website designers.
- Interactions. Create beautiful mini-interactions and transitions between pages that will make your design more lively with interactive states, logic, and code components.
- Streamlined workflow. The built-in library gives you access to hundreds of icons and code components, thus saving you time from having to write the code repeatedly.
7. Marvel App
Marvel is best for designing simple yet appealing interfaces and wireframes. You can easily make designs without needing to code.
Equipped with video and chat features, Marvel’s user testing ability allows you to get real-time feedback on your work and simulate how a user would navigate the web designs.
You can even download your design and present it offline. The software guarantees prototype compatibility for all screen sizes, including Apple TV and Apple Watch.
Marvel supports various third-party integrations to ease your web design process. Connect your Marvel project to Sketch, Niice, and Maze to get the best out of this software.
You can build up to one project using Marvel’s free web design plan. For more collaborators and premium features like the download ability and prioritized support, consider opting for the paid plans.
Marvel’s premium plans range between $12-$84 per month. For charity and non-profit purposes, you can get in touch with its team to retrieve a 50% discount on any annual plan.
- Marvel API. You can create your own plugin with Marvel’s application program interface to accelerate your workflow.
- Handoff tool. Keep your designs in sync with the Sketch plugin for more functionality and a faster designing process.
- User testing. Record screen taps and transcribe the response of your users directly to your web design for better documentation.
The clean code and fully-loaded setup of Webflow make it one of the best web design software tools for any skill level.
Although it has plenty to offer the experts, Webflow also provides ease of use for small business owners with limited web development skills, too.
This all-in-one website building software is designed to cater to users who don’t know how to code.
And there’s a lot to this user-friendly platform: Webflow is a cloud-based service that’s fully hosted and offers a free SSL certificate to each site created.
With a slick drag and drop interface and an integrated prototyping dashboard, users can effortlessly make granular content and graphic design changes as they build.
Because it’s a code-free web design tool, Webflow gives you the ability to create using CSS and HTML elements without putting in the legwork.
Beyond the user-friendly first impressions, the power behind this platform offers experts a speedy site-build resource when they need it.
You can create up to two projects for free with Webflow’s Starter package, sign up for a basic plan at $12 per month, or take out the business package at $36 per month.
- Component library. You can access a master resource of core components, layouts, and patterns while working within the web design tool.
- Export and handoff. If you’re not keen on launching websites on Webflow’s native subdomain, it’s easy to hand your project off to developers.
- Easy access. No code experience, no problem. All users get responsive web design software, free demonstrations, and a feature-packed interface.
If you know anything about websites, you’ll know that WordPress dominates the internet.
An open-source content management system, WordPress gives power to a huge chunk of global sites that are currently live.
Devised by a leading WordPress theme company, Divi comes complete with drag and drop website builder software.
Users can get started with creating a custom site with ease. As website builders go, this supercharged WordPress theme is packed with software tools.
Beyond the drag and drop feature, design tools include color-coded content modules, ready-to-use template designs, and limitless customization options.
Plus, Divi’s Live Preview function gives users an even more dynamic site-building experience compared to the more clunky preview setup over on WordPress itself.
This option isn’t just for WordPress aficionados – Divi has a compatible plugin with WooCommerce, too.
You can pay an annual fee of $89 or a one-time lifetime fee of $249 to use Divi. Both plans offer the same perks.
- Built-in demo sites. Pick from hundreds of ready-made website templates. After all, graphic design and layout building costs time and money.
- Advanced visual editor. With a drag and drop interface, custom modules, and an inline text editor, it’s easy to get granular when building your web pages on Divi.
- Open to developers. Those with more know-how are able to create a website by integrating their custom CSS with Divi’s automated web design tools.
Choosing the best web design software
As there are various options for great web design software to choose from, picking the right one might be a challenging task.
When doing so, it’s vital to consider your website’s functionality, purpose, and the extent of your financial resources.
Some software caters to professional web designers, while others are more suitable for beginners. Price differences also play a significant part in the decision-making.
Regardless of your choice, make sure that the chosen software can accommodate your web design needs.
Let’s give you a head start on finding the best route for your site.
What’s the easiest web design software to use?
If HTML5 is just a jumble of symbols to you, and motion graphics feel beyond your reach, don’t worry.
While you can finesse your graphics skills and learn about HTML5, you can also easily generate websites without all that knowledge – you just need to find a website builder.
The best website builders will offer you plenty of web design software tools without concerning you with code.
If you don’t know what you want your site to look like, search for a free website builder or one that offers a free trial.
What’s the best free web design software?
Websites can be expensive, but that doesn’t mean that software to build websites should always cost loads of money to try out.
If you want the best out of your site, it won’t come for free. There are a few elements that all websites need to exist:
- Domain name
- Design and interface
Depending on where you build your site, prepare to pay for one, two, or all of these things. That aside, some of the best web design software features do come for free.
For example, all Zyro users have access to an ever-growing range of designer-made templates, as well as logo and slogan generators, plus the AI writer and heatmap tools for ultimate SEO success.
It isn’t hard to find a great software option that offers a free text editor, layout guide, or automated code generator.
What can a well-built website do for your site’s growth?
A website is an absolute necessity for businesses and individuals wanting to establish an online presence.
To get the most out of it, a website must not only cater to the brand’s functional needs but also look appealing.
Here’s a reminder of what impact your well-built website can have:
- Create a positive first impression. Having an appealing site layout helps reduce the bounce rate and increase the site’s chance of getting ranked in SERPs.
- Maintain brand credibility. 48% of users consider web design a factor in measuring a brand’s credibility.
- Increase conversion rate. Intuitive website designs make it easier for users to interact with sites, resulting in more conversions.
Finally, here’s a recap of some of the best website design software you can find on the market:
- Zyro – an easy and affordable solution for your website development needs.
- Adobe Creative Cloud – bundled software catered to professional web designers.
- Sketch – a macOS-based software compatible with other web design apps.
- Figma – a cross-browser web designer with extensive collaboration abilities.
- InVision Studio – a multi-purpose web design software with easy to use animation tools.
- UXPin – another web designer that focuses on user experience and team collaboration.
- Marvel – centers around creating functional designs and prototypes for quick and easy website idea testing.
- Webflow – designed to break down the barrier to code that can often hold new users back.
- Divi – a supercharged WordPress theme and website builder with hundreds of templates.
Join the conversation
Your email address will not be published. All fields are required.