Web hosting is a key aspect to think about when creating a website.
There are two ways in which you can host your site — through an all-in-one hosting solution or the traditional web hosting service.
Both methods put a dent on your budget, but of different sizes. Here, we’ll help you understand how much will a website hosting cost for you.
Table of Contents
Hosting a website with Zyro
Zyro is a website builder that provides an all-around hosting package. You don’t have to worry about spending a dime as the service is totally free.
The set up is automated, so you can start creating straight away. You get a high performing website that is search engine optimized, has 99.99% uptime and loads fast as well.
Scaling and sustaining your website is simple as you can increase resources with a single click to meet higher demands.
If you ever run into trouble, customer support will always be ready to help you out 24/7.
Something else you need to do when creating a website is registering a domain name. It’s the address or URL of your website. For example, itsmybakery.com.
With Zyro, however, you don’t need to go through the hassle of registering a domain, as we provide one for free.
If you already have a custom domain name, you can connect it to your Zyro website. This feature is available with one of our reasonably priced paid plans — Basic and Unleashed.
You can also purchase a custom domain directly from Zyro. Prices range from $0.99 to $8.99 per year.
The free plan is also packed with all you need for your website to work well, including an SSL certificate.
It stands for Secure Socket Layer. This is responsible for securing the connection between a web server and web browsers by encrypting the data.
As a result, SSL certificates protect data — login credentials, payment details, personal information — from being snooped on. Having one also helps you rank higher in search results.
Zyro also provides a responsive website that can adapt to any screen size. This is important since 52% of mobile traffic comes from mobile phones.
Building a website with Zyro
What’s great about Zyro is that you don’t need to have any technical knowledge to design and build a website.
- The ready-made professional templates and easy-to-use editor can help you get started in no time.
- A vast library of free images can also be useful for your site. Just search for the pictures you want, and use the grid system to align them with other elements.
- There are also tools that can help you in the process of creating a website.
- The AI Writer can generate SEO-friendly content based on your business category or sentences you provide. Feel free to edit the generated content to match your needs.
- You can make and download high-resolution logos using the Logo Maker, all for free.
- If you want to add a slogan but yet to have one, use Zyro’s Slogan Generator and it will give you ideas and inspiration.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to build a website with Zyro:
- Join Zyro. Go to Templates, choose a design and select Start Building.
- Click on the blocks to customize the elements.
- Press Add elements to insert videos, images, and buttons using the drag-and-drop feature and grid tool.
- To change your fonts, click Styles and type in the font name in between the apostrophes.
- Make sure to Save your changes. Select Preview to see the final result, then press Publish site to launch your website.
Creating a website with traditional web hosting
In traditional web hosting, you need to manually upload your website to a web server.
Alternatively, if you are using a Content Management System (CMS), you’ll have to install it first before you can start building your site.
This gives you more control over the resources of your website. You can tweak it and configure it to meet your needs, but the learning curve can be quite steep for beginners.
If you want to use traditional web hosting, make sure you understand the types of web hosting such as Shared, VPS, and cloud hosting.
You have to choose the right web hosting provider and register for a hosting plan.
Although the starting price for the shared hosting plan is affordable (about $5 per month), free domain registration and SSL certificate are not included.
Plus, the cost of upgraded plans ranges from $8 to $20 per month.
Designing the website
A content management system (CMS) is needed if you want to build a website with traditional web hosting.
Most web hosting services have a one-click CMS installer, so setting it up is straightforward. But, getting used to the CMS’s user interface and its features may take a while.
Because it’s open-source, a CMS itself is free to use. Libraries of extensions and website themes that don’t cost anything are available as well.
However, to create a professional or business website, you may have to purchase add-ons or templates that you need. Plus, editing a theme may require you to have at least some design skills.
If you want to launch a website quickly, hiring a web developer is a solution. However, the average rate is around $85-$125 per hour, depending on the complexity of your site.
Website hosting cost recap
You’ve just learned the two different ways you can host and create your website. Each requires different budgeting.
Traditional web hosting may look affordable at first, but there are additional paid features or services you might need that are not included in the hosting plan.
With the Zyro website builder, you can get an all-round web hosting experience for free. Furthermore, using the services is so easy that you can launch a site in just a few minutes.