You just bought a domain. The question now is: what are you going to do with it?
Not to worry — we’ve got some ideas to inspire you. We’ll cover everything you can do after buying a domain name. If you’re up for the challenge, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Connect your domain name to a web host
If you bought a domain, you’re most likely thinking about creating a website with it. If that’s the goal, then the first step is to connect your domain name to a web host.
Both the basic and unleashed plans support domain transfer in three simple steps:
- Navigate to the Domain Transfer page, then add your domain name to the appointed box to verify whether or not it meets the transfer requirements.
- Enter the domain information required for the transfer process.
- Submit your domain and let Zyro take care of the rest.
If you have multiple domains, get in touch with Zyro’s customer support to help you set them up.
Create a website
Having a website allows people to discover your site on the internet.
If you pick a catchy domain, you can improve the chances of people remembering your website address. This increases the chance of getting more organic traffic and improves brand awareness.
If you have no experience in website development, Zyro can help you tackle this step.
Not only is our website builder free, but it’s also beginner-friendly. We make sure anyone can build a well-functioning and beautiful website for any purpose, without professional help.
Zyro has many professionally-designed web templates to accommodate all types of websites — including, but not limited to, personal profiles, photography portfolios, and business websites.
If you have a brick-and-mortar store, having a business site can help you branch out to the digital world and gain even more exposure.
Here’s how to create a professional site for free with Zyro’s free plan:
- Join Zyro.
- Navigate to the Templates section and choose a website template that best suits your needs.
- Click Start Building to start the customization process. Change the elements by clicking on them.
- To add more elements, click Add elements and drag-and-drop them into the web template.
- Click Preview to see the final result, then click Publish site once you’re satisfied with what you have built.
Once the site grows and you need more resources and tools to scale it, you can upgrade to the Basic plan for more features, or the Unleashed plan for unlimited storage and bandwidth.
All Zyro plans include SSL certificates, mobile-optimized web templates, and access to over a million high-quality stock photos courtesy of Unsplash.
Get a custom email address
Once you set up a website, the next step is to create a custom email address.
This is particularly important if you have a business and often interact with your customers.
Besides giving you a faster communication channel, having a custom email address is great for building trust with your target audience in the long run.
Additionally, it also boosts your brand’s credibility and email open rate. Accordingly, you get to increase your conversion rates.
Considering that 14.5 billion spam emails are sent globally every day, having this email type can improve your email deliverability.
If you have a Zyro-powered website, you can easily set up a professional business email with the platform at no extra charge.
Not only can you put your domain next to the email address, but we also let you migrate content from your old mailbox to the new one. This way, you’ll never lose track of previous conversations.
Develop your brand
A brand is what separates you from competitors in the same niche.
As it’s what people recognize you by, establishing a brand is one of the most critical steps to build your online presence.
Since a domain name generally represents a website’s brand, owning one makes you one step ahead in the process.
The following are other activities you can perform to develop your branding:
- Produce high-quality content — by giving new visitors a reason to return, you can drive even more traffic to the site.
- Develop your brand’s assets — having a distinctive logo, a tagline, and a brand story make your brand stand out from the competition.
- SEO optimization — optimizing your website for SEO is one of the best ways to attract organic traffic and increase your chance of climbing the SERP ranking.
- Build an audience — having a following can help your site and brand grow faster. For that, you need to engage with your audience regularly.
- Maintain a good reputation — maintaining a good reputation is a vital step to build a brand strategy and develop trust with your audience.
When developing your brand, we highly suggest you secure social media handles on various platforms.
Besides protecting your brand name from irresponsible opportunists, doing so can provide you with more channels to conduct promotion with in the future.
Monitor your website’s growth
To have a successful website, you must keep track of the popularity of your website. This action includes monitoring the site’s performance and traffic growth rate.
You can do so easily using a web analytics tool like Google Analytics. This free Google service generates valuable data and metrics to inform your decision-making process.
The types of data it produces include, but not limited to, individual web page performance, visitors’ browsing behavior, and visitor segmentation.
More good news for Zyro users — our website builder offers Google Analytics integration. We handle the setup process, so you have one less thing to worry about.
What to do with your domain – recap
Buying a domain name is the first step to many great things. Here’s a quick recap of what you can do once you purchased a domain:
- Get web hosting
- Create a website
- Get a custom email address
- Develop your brand
- Market your business online and offline
- Monitor your website’s growth
With Zyro, you can easily do all this on the same platform.
It’s cost-effective, packed with AI-powered tools, and has everything you need to build a professional website.